Sunday, May 5, 2013

So what if it's Mother's Day?!



So it’s Mother’s Day! Now what?!

Do single fathers celebrate Mother’s Day as well? Being the one who also assumes the role of the mother in the house.

Well… yes and no, I guess.

Yes because, who would your children greet when they do not have their mother around? And it’s not really surprising that other people who realize your situation also greet you a Happy Mother’s Day, right?

But that’s as far as the celebration goes… in greetings only.

Seriously now, have you seen a family, with only a father present going out on Mother’s Day?

And what about promos, discounts and freebies given by shopping malls, restaurants, fast food outlets and department stores during Mother’s Day? Can a father approach the personnel concerned and say:

“Excuse me, I am really a single father. Theoretically, I also play the role of the mother in the house. Can I avail of your promo for this day?”

Expect a wide-eye reaction, at least, for your inquiry.

Actually, I haven’t tried that yet. Maybe I should. I wonder what would be the reaction that I’ll get?

Anyway, while I don’t see the point, I really don’t see anything wrong either. Of a single father celebrating the day with his kids… even if it’s only for the sake of the children.

To all the mothers… and all single fathers included… Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment