Sunday, July 14, 2013

Changing my preference


When I go to the department store before, I used to always go to the hardware section. Being the frustrated handyman that I was, I often browse at all those power tools that I know I will never use.

However, as of late, I notice a drastic change in my preference.

No! It’s not what you think. NOT THAT PREFERENCE!

Lately, whenever I go to the malls and department stores, I find myself wandering on the kitchenware and kitchen appliances section of the place. It happens naturally, as if my feet have a mind of their own.

It does not really feel weird... until I become conscious of what I am doing.

Instead of power tools, I find myself touching non-stick frying pans, checking if they are genuine non-stick pans or were just coated with black latex pain.

Chancing upon a shallow crystal dish, I can’t help but check it while whispering to myself, “This would be great for serving during parties.”

WAIT A MINUTE! I DON’T HOLD PARTIES!!!

Then it dawned unto me... it is inevitable.

While I acknowledge the fact that the kitchen is not my domain, it does not mean I should stay away from it forever. I knew sooner or later, I should take charge... and my subconscious mind was way ahead of me.

Thus those trips to the kitchen wares, gadgets, utensils and appliances were actually my subconscious mind telling me to find the “power tools” I need to make my kitchen exploits bearable, credible... and edible.

Yes, I’m still building my knowledge and skills on kitchen hardware. It’s a long way to go, but at least now, I am aware... and conscious of what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment